Monday, March 4, 2013

I Need Your Prayer Today

This morning, I was in for a brief scare. Someone fairly close to me has been sick for a while and something happened this morning. I didn't (and still don't) know all of the details but I was prompted to immediately pray for them and that prayer was so powerful to me. God heard the cry in my heart and didn't need to hear what happened because He already knew even before it happened. "You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord." (Psalm 139:4).

I was reminded this morning that we don't have to know all of the intricate details of a person's life or their situation to pray for them. What do we need to know every detail for? To tell God? News Flash, God is an All-Knowing, All-Seeing God. He already knows what's happening and he knows what we are thinking. He knows our intentions for wanting to know and all. "No thought can be withholden from thee." (Job 42:2); "For he knoweth the secrets of the heart. " (Psalm 44:21). We can reach God without a list of problems to tell Him.

I 'm sorry if I didn't have a mind-blowing post for you but their family needs prayers of the righteous today. I ask that you please lift my friend up in prayer. It doesn't have to be a long one. I believe that God hears our hearts before He hears our prayers. Pray for healing, restoration and comfort. Thank you. 



"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53 4-5)


 

1 comment:

  1. No problem. We all need prayer at sometime. It is soo good to pray for one another. If I pray for you and you pray for me them we all recieve prayer..

    ReplyDelete