Friday, March 15, 2013

He's Such A Constant God!!

Yo, this weather is so crazy! During the day it's all nice and warm but at night, the temperature drops and it gets super cold. Although it's March, Spring isn't officially here yet but I'd really like for this weather to make up it's mind on whether it wants to be hot or cold because I'm ready to wear my maxi dresses again.

God wants us to do the same thing. He wants us to stand for Him and not be lukewarm, "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!" (Revelation 3:16). Trust me, He doesn't want to spit us out but if we are to walk worthy of the high calling, "Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God" (Ephesians 4:1), then we have to make a choice to live completely for Him and stick with it. Just as I'm ready for the weather to become constant so that I can wear my maxi dresses, God wants us to become constant with Him so that we can fulfill the work He has for us.

Sometimes we can be so topsy turvy...one day we say this and the next day we do that. We change worse than the weather does! I'm so glad that God doesn't change like we do; we would be so screwed if He did. His Word assures us that He remains the same. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8). He's the ONLY consistently constant thing in our lives. In the blink of an eye our whole world could change, as for me it did, but I find rest and peace in knowing my God never will.

Isn't it amazing to know that God will always be there, that He won't change and "flip the script" on you? It's so comforting to be assured that in world that changes constantly, Our God remains constant at NOT changing!!! Don't you just LOVE HIM?!?!?

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." -James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. Great post, You are right...I think its the Human instinct in us that makes us think that since we have "free will" to make decisions on a daily basis that we can change our mind at a moments notice about something...and to a certain point that is correct but the wrong of it comes into play when we make a "free will" decision to straddle the fence or completely go against what we know to be right particularly in the Eyes of the Lord...lol I know this so well because this is an ongoing battle for me as I am sure it is with others. oh and to answer your question #IDoJustLoveHim

    ReplyDelete