Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Give Thanks...In All Things

Those of you who know me personally, know that I've been dealing with a lot in this past week or so. Like, A LOT...it seemed like it was entirely too much for me to bear. I remember talking with my mom and she just kept telling me to "Give God the Glory in it all". I was listening to and hearing her but in my mind I was like "why??". The stuff that was happening wasn't good but it was beyond my control. I knew why I should praise and give Him glory but couldn't acknowledge that what was happening was for a bigger purpose and that it was going to get better in time. I was just in a funk, discouraged and so stubborn.

God owes us nothing, but He freely gives us an abundance of grace in spite of. He allows us to go through trials and tribulations to bring us closer to Him and gives us grace in that. In those moments we can't deliver ourselves so we have to depend completely on Him. "For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. " (1 Timothy 4:10). We have no other choice but to trust Him.

Yesterday, I finally thanked God for my current situation. I don't like what's going on nor do I know His plan or His purpose, but I know that I have to trust Him because He knows what He's doing. "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28).

I know I'm not the only one going through, so YOU my brother and/or sister please be encouraged. When God gets ready, what he does in your life will blow your mind!

"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." -1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment