Monday, February 25, 2013

What Are You Afraid Of?

FEAR!!! If we give in to it, this word and everything that comes with it has superb power.

I wanted to start a blog a loooong time ago, but I was afraid. I was scared of running out of things to talk about, scared of how it would be received and I even doubted if I was even in a place (spiritually) to encourage other people. By the Word of God, I came to a few realizations that assured me everything would be fine as long as I "trust in Him and not be afraid" (Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 56:3; 11). As for running out of things to discuss, I know that God will always plant something in my heart, whether it's specifically for me or if it's just for me to share with you all...or both. I had to be reminded that this is a crazy world and everyone will not like what you are doing. I said that to say this, "People will always have something to say about something". Some do it because they are bitter, insecure, etc. (that's another topic, for another day), so I can only pray that it is received by those who need it. This last thing is very meaningful to me. I have come to understand that in Christ, even when you're at what you feel is your lowest point there is always something you can say to someone to encourage them. I've done it and I've also been on the receiving end of the encouraging line so I know it's possible.

Listen, fear had a hold on me and it set me back big time. Who knows where this blog could have been by now if I had realized these things earlier and let the love of Christ drive that fear out (1 John 4:18)?

So what are you afraid of? Is there something God placed in your heart but it's been sitting there because you're afraid of doing it? Some of us are so afraid to admit that we struggle with trusting God to help us do what He, Himself has given us. *Sigh* If only we'd understand that He will never abandon us and that He has equipped us with everything we need to accomplish the work requires of us, then there would be a whole lot more Kingdom work going on in the world.

Today's post is short and to the point. I encourage you to work on getting any fear that tries to consume you out of your heart. The enemy knows God has something for you to do. He knows your weaknesses and what frightens you, so he has become skillful and meticulous to hinder you. Understand that God has something to birth out of that belly of yours. His work for you is FAR bigger than ANY fear, failure, backlash or pain. Please don't let anything block your birth canal because I look forward to being blessed by the work he predestined to come from your hands!

*Today's Prayer is a "Self Prayer". Pray to God about the area you are struggling to trust Him in. Ask Him to help you trust Him more. If you aren't struggling in any area, I encourage you to please pray for your brothers and sisters that are. God Bless!!*

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifies." -Romans 8:28-33




Note from The Blogger:
Please bear with me as I grow in this "blogging world". I'm still a "newbie" and I have a lot to learn! I am very appreciative of you and your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. don't be ashamed!! This is really a good start I'm inspired by your bravery ..keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete