Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Slow Down, You'll Get There...

Just about every morning on my way to work, I see a pedestrian trying to cross the street. I remember a few weeks ago, there was this man waving his hand, in the fashion of telling the oncoming traffic (who had the right away) to hurry up, so he could cross the street. He even attempted to dart across but realized that wouldn't be a good idea because he'd risk being hurt or killed. Regardless of the hurry he seemed to be in, he decided to wait until the way was clear.

Do you have an clue to where I'm going with this? Often in life we are always in a hurry to get somewhere (i.e. traveling, life goals, etc.). We sometimes don't even think about what could happen on the way there. God is so protective of us that even in our moments of impatience he protects us from danger. But we must learn to have Patience. It is VITAL for our survival. I know we want what we want, when we want it, but if it means dying prematurely then what's the purpose? Luke 21:19 says it best, "By your endurance (patience) you will save your life." So, slow down. Where you're going will ALWAYS be there. IF it's what God has for you, it isn't going anywhere....NO ONE can take it from you. We can't rush what He has predestined because He operates on His clock, and could care less about ours. He knows what's right for us, who's right for us and when it's right for us.

We must let God go before us to make the pathway clear because He knows everything that will try to stop us on our journey. I don't know about you, but I'd rather wait on God and be prepared, than to rush on my own and not be ready for what's coming.

Today's Prayer: 

Lord,  Please grant me the patience to wait on Your perfect timing for things to be manifested in my life. Thank You in Advance. I Love You. Amen. 


"You need endurance so that after you have done what God wants you to do, you can receive what he has promised." -Hebrews 10:36 






2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I know we all have an issue with being patient at times, I know I am guilty of it. good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete