Thursday, February 21, 2013

Releasing and Letting Go….





I love to talk! Hey, I come from a family of talkative people so it's only right that share that gene too, huh?? :-) Well I've decided to share my gift of talking via this blog with you all. Today I simply want to speak from my heart.





In life we all are faced with situations that seem entirely too hard to handle in our own strength. It may be a nagging spouse, an insensitive boss, financial problems or a physical/emotional insecurity. We’ve tried “quick fix solutions” to get the job done quickly but nothing “WE” do seems to work. That's why we have God. He tells us that His strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corthinans 12:9). I truly believe that sometimes He simply takes things from us when we have the courage to give it to Him and other times, even in trying to give it to Him, He makes us “suffer” a little while longer. No, no, not because he wants to see us suffer, but because he wants to make sure we actually learn something in and from our suffering. He’s so smart!!! Like, seriously who wants to take the same test over and over and over and over (I can do this forever) again? Take it from a serial re-test-taker (like my word, huh?), it gets really old, extremely fast. Let’s make an effort to learn the first time.



I love the song by Tasha Cobbs that says, "There is power in the name of Jesus, to break every chain..." and it goes on to declare how you hear the chains falling off of you. This is such a powerful song, but I often wonder if we truly believe this. I ask this because I have seen so many people that I love, sing this song go into worship and declare how they see the chains falling of them but then they pick up links from those chains as mere "keepsakes". Don't they know that we don't need souvenirs to remind us that we were in bondage? We aren't to forget where we came from, but we don't need to tuck away things from our captivity as if they were treasures. They will only grow, causing us to be in bondage yet again.



We know that we serve an Almighty God that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think according to the power that works in us (Ephesians 3:20). He can do anything!! The question is...."Will we let Him?" Sometimes we can become so comfortable dealing with uncomfortable things that when it's time to give them over to God we can't even do it. Let Him release those chains....and when we think about it, the Cross has already done that for us. Over 2000 years ago, Christ's love for us destroyed every chain that was to come against us.  He will give you the strength to walk away with no reside of what you’ve gone through!





Let's Pray...



Lord, please forgive me for being an emotional hoarder. Please cleanse me from the inside out and help me to release everything that has kept me bound. Help me to understand and believe in Your Word. Thank you in advance. I Love You. Amen.



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.- Romans 15:13  




6 comments:

  1. God bless you as you start this journey. Thank you for encouraging me to refrain from being an emotional hoarder!

    Fantastic offering- Go reach the masses!
    Sterling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You just encouraged me to press on!!

      Delete
  2. Wow this was good sis!! I think blogging is your calling...and I'm so happy to see you share your gift of wisdom to all that is willing to hear you. Love you suga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read and there is so much truth in those lines. People (and by "People" i will also include myself) do seem to "move on" from situations and "break the chains" all the while picking up remnances of the same chain that had them binded. Its mad ironic because if you were being wieghed down by a 10-20 lbs "chain" **figurativly speaking** but then you turn around and pick up the pieces of that broken chain day by day you will still eventually end up being wieghed down by the equivalent of the same mass you began with. #ButIDigress lol and yes your creation of word "re-test-taker" is definitely note worthy...anyway, said all that to say this #GreatJob!

    ReplyDelete