Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Does Your Love Consider God?

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NLT)

Yesterday was the best Monday I've had in a long time. God used so many people to get some things through to me that it is so mind blowing. I am just still in awe of Him.

Last night at rehearsal, John said something so simple but so very profound. He said that "love is consideration". Now at the time I immediately thought about people who professed to love me but seemed to have never considered their actions towards me. It opened my eyes to a lot of things about myself. Then in my thinking of how "they've" done me, God actually showed me Myself.

How dare I be so selfish that I want to be considered by not only people, but by God, and that I consider people more than I consider Him? How on earth can I place such a huge demand on a person to consider me before they act if I don't always consider God before I act? How can I claim to love Him before men, yet my actions say otherwise? I could go a whole day without talking to Him, but I wouldn't want to go a day without talking to a significant other.....I would get tired of waiting on Him and would act in my own strength (which never got me anywhere), but I'd want someone to wait for me... How could I not always consider the One with my life, when He is the one who gives me life?

For me, I know that a lot of heartache, pain, money, time, etc. would have been saved, had I considered God in EVERY area of my life. "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:6 KJV) But now that I've gone through it, I'm able to have a testimony for someone....someone who is going through the same pain or to help someone avoid going through the pain. 

I'm so glad that God's love is patient with me. So much that when I contradict my own self He shows me where I am wrong, and He helps me and waits for me to get it right. He shows me, guides me and directs me to where He wants me to be. Although I seem to question the consideration of others I'll never have to question the consideration of His love for me. Not only did Jesus display it on the Cross years ago, but God considers me every minute of every day. I'll forever be grateful.

I encourage you today the begin making sure that you consider God every single day in every area of your life. Just because you are doing it up, living it up, and succeeding does not mean that you've really allowed Him to lead you. Consider Him. Let Him guide you. To love Him is to Consider Him.

"Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Ephesians 4:2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment