Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cuts Hurt, But Love Can Heal Them...

I think that I can do just about anything. Last night, while being a "do-it-myselfer", I cut myself. It bled a lot but at the time it only hurt for a minute, so I cleaned it really good and bandaged it up. Later that night I was lying in bed listening to my new favorite song,"Great Is Your Love", by The Walls Group (please go listen to it, you'll be in worship for hours)...and my cut started throbbing. It was really hurting...the pain that I was experiencing then, I should have experienced much earlier. But, there I was in agony and I didn't know what to do.

Putting alcohol on it was OUT of the question. I'm a country girl, so I blew it. It was still hurting. I applied pressure. It was still hurting. I rubbed around it. It was still hurting. Trying to find a solution, I remembered that I had some liquid bandage. I like it because it's an antiseptic and it helps the wound heal really fast. Finally a solution! Then I remembered how much it burns when it's applied. On second thought....nope, I wasn't using that, not while the cut was still fresh. I couldn't bear the pain.

Finally I just asked God to ease the pain. I believed that He would, and I promise seconds later, He eased it. I was able to sleep through the night without any pain. But I know that I'm still going to have to apply that liquid bandage to it so it can heal properly.

When I asked God, I asked Him in Faith."But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind." (James 1:6 NLT) And He answered my prayer, my simple prayer because faith was attached to it.

I can't count how many times I've been "cut" in life. Some were as small as paper cuts (which always seem to hurt the worst). While others felt like a limb was sawed off. They all hurt in different magnitudes and sometimes the hurt wouldn't hit me until much later. You know when devastating things happen and people ask us how we feel, we say, "it hasn't really hit me yet"? Yeah, I've said that a few times. In every situation, no matter what I did, I couldn't heal my hurt.

Sometimes the cuts that I've gotten have been because of my own negligence. And in order to be healed, I had to endure a little more hurt. It hurt worse before it got better....straight Godly conviction and correction that hurt my feelings, my ego and crushed my pride, but essentially healed me from what was hurting me....ME.

God's correcting, redeeming, sweet forgiving love healed me. But in order for Him to do that, I had to go to Him boldly,"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." (Hebrews 4:16) NLT. I had to be emptied of myself, but filled with Faith, believing in my heart that He would do it.

A bandage can't do that, not even the liquid one, only He can. I've seen Him heal; I've experienced it firsthand. That's why He's my Jehovah Rapha, the God that heals.

I'm just as undeserving as undeserving can get, not even worthy of His love that He gives so freely, but He's chosen to and still chooses to heal every cut, every nick, and every scrape with His limitless, immeasurable love. He will do the same for you. Today, I encourage you to remove your self-made bandages and let God heal your heart, your spirit & your soul....He really wants to.

"His love has no limits, no measures....it can reach you where you are."

Please listen & get your worship on!!
The Walls Group - Great Is Your Love:
http://youtu.be/DT7WeZAV4_s

No comments:

Post a Comment